This Spicy Vegan Cream of Corn soup is A vegan cream of corn soup that’s nourishing, flavorful, and gluten free! So easy to make. Just roast then toss in a blender. Perfect vegetarian dish for anytime of year. Serve warm or chilled. Ready in 35 minutes and super tasty!
- 2-3 cup corn kernels (non GMO, seasonal)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (if they are small, use 3)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil (divided)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 15 ounces of light coconut milk or cream (whatever you prefer, both work great)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chili sauce or Sriracha (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves (some for garnishing)
- First Roast your corn kernels. Preheat oven to 450F. While preheating toss you kernels in 1 tbsp oil and and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Place on baking tray. Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove kernels and let cool.
- Next peel your garlic.
- Place your corn, garlic, and the rest of your ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour blended soup into a stock pot. Heat on medium heat until it comes to a soft boil. About 2-3 minutes. Then reduce to low until ready to serve.
- Serve in bowls with fresh basil on top, extra chili sauce, and black pepper.
- If you are making ahead, you can store in fridge or freezer in a air tight container. note due to coconut milk/cream becoming solid at cooler temperatures, you will need to mix thoroughly or blend again if you want to reheat.
- If you want a thinner soup, feel free to add in broth.
- Sweet corn works great here and compliments the spices.
- If you want extra spice, throw in a diced red pepper or jalapeno when blended.