These little fritters are scrumptiously good. Loaded with vitamins and flavor, this little patties that have a crispy exterior and a soft creamy interior. The quinoa adds texture and a little crunch. Call them patties, fritters, creatures; you’re gonna love them. They taste equally good when they are warm or room temperature.
- 3 cups Sweet potato, about 1 large-2 medium potatoes, stemmed and pureed.
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups Lacinato-Dino Kale, chopped chiffonade
- 2 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Panko Japanese style breadcrumbs, or any kind of plain bread crumbs. If you have gluten allergies, ground old fashion oats or almond meal will work.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-6 tablespoons grape seed oil, or coconut oil, to pan fry them
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Sriracha Sauce, to taste.
- Devein the Kale, make it into a tight roll and chop chiffonade style.
- In a medium size bowl, place all ingredients and mix well.
- In a medium size pan heat up about 4-6 tablespoons of grape seed oil, peanut oil or coconut oil. With a small Ice cream scooper scoop about 6 patties into the pan and slightly flatten the tops. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cool them on a rack.
- Mix all ingredients of the dipping sauce on a small bowl.
- Serve fritters while warm or at room temperature, with the ginger sauce on the side and some hot sauce of your preference.