If you love bagels, why not make keto low carb bagels out of the fat head dough that practically require 5 ingredients, very easy to make, chewy and delicious.
- 1 and ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 3 TBS cream cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp spices like, dried oregano, basil, garlic powder
- Everything but the bagel seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Microwave Mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl until soft, about 40 seconds.
- Add egg, Almond flour, remaining ingredients and spices and stir and blend well using spatula into a dough ball.
- Optional - you can proceed right away but for best results - let the mixture cool or freeze it for 30 minutes or else the dough may be sticky
- Divide the dough into 6 parts. Form a long log with each piece by rolling with your hands, then press the ends together to make a bagel shape on the lined baking sheet. You can use the bagel/donut pan if you have it. I didn't have the pan, so rolling by hand and forming the dough into a circle works just fine. (see photo below)
- Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over the bagels and gently press into the dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the bagels are firm and golden.
- Serve fresh out of the oven, sliced in half and spread with cream cheese.
- Leftovers (if any left) can be refrigerated for up to a week
- Leftovers can be frozen as well – if freezing leftovers, slice bagel ahead of time. Place in toaster and toast for 1 minute.
- If you have a nut allergy, you can substitute for Gluten free baking flour instead or Sunflower seed flour (meal) or CarbQuick baking mixnofollow
- I have also seen other people have baked these with protein powder, instead of Almond flour.
- If you don’t have a microwave, melting ingredients on stove top will work too.
- Try these bagels as bun or sandwich option – works amazing!