This is hands down the Best Lasagna Recipe ever! Easy, cheesy, meaty and so so delicious! Cuts perfect slices every time. Enjoy!
For the cheese layer:
Ingredients:For the meat sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef 93/7
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
For the cheese layer:
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese grated
- For the meat sauce: In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion and saute 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and ground beef. Break meat apart as it browns. Once meat has browned completely, pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, bay leaves, dried basil, sugar, Italian Seasoning and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook sauce 1-2 hours or until very thick.
- While meat sauce cooks, make the cheese layer: stir cheeses together in a bowl with basil, parsley and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles 2/3 of the time marked on the package. About 7 minutes or so. Drain and place noodles in a large bowl of cold water.
- To assemble: spread 1/2 cup prepared sauce in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Layer in 5-6 noodles, half of the cheese mixture and one third of the sauce. Top with more noodles, the second half of the cheese mixture and another third of the sauce. Final layer is the last of the noodles and the last of the meat sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 lb. grated mozzarella cheese.
- To bake: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover lasagna with greased foil. Bake 45 minutes with foil on. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese has browned and everything it hot all the way through. Remove from oven, cover lightly with foil and rest 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving. Sprinkle with dried parsley flakes, cut into squares and serve.