Rosemary is that special herb that makes me instantly think of my family and comfort food. This Gluten Free Rosemary Infused Wild Rice Stuffed Mushrooms recipes will make you healthy.
- 14-16 Mushrooms, medium-sized
- 3/4 cups Wild Rice, dried
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp Rosemary, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil, optional
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Prep ahead your mushrooms by removing the stem and gently scraping away the dark inside layers. I find it easiest to use a small paring knife and cut around the inside of the cap to remove part of the lip, this helps open the center up and allows for more stuffing.
- Brush any dirt and rinse your mushrooms as needed, make sure they're very well dried off before the next step.
- In a large bowl, combine your dried off mushrooms plus the olive oil and 1/2 a tsp of herbs - this step is optional. Gently toss and evenly coat all your mushrooms. Cover and let marinate overnight in the fridge. You can skip this step and use plain mushrooms, the marinade adds more flavor but is not essential if you're low on time. You could even do it for less time instead, an hour is perfect too.
- Steam your rice in a medium pot over medium heat, add your water, wild rice and fresh rosemary. Let this come to a boil, cover and turn the heat to low. Simmering for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Transfer your rice to a bowl and add in everything else. Nutritional yeast, herbs, onion, garlic and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly space your mushrooms on it.
- Stuff each mushroom generously, lightly pressing down to make more room. You can slightly overfill these as well. Depending on your mushrooms, you might have rice remaining.
- Transfer your mushrooms to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Feel free to top with bread crumbs and bake on broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp the tops.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, they cool off very quickly.
- Enjoy with fresh chives on top, a drizzle of balsamic is fantastic with these as well.