Every good BBQ needs the perfect side dish. This Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe is my go to dish to bring to potlucks, BBQ’s, parties and more. It is loaded with lots of delicious veggies, cheese and more!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. You want the pasta to still be firm so cook until al dente. Immediately rinse under cold water and drain so it isn’t sticky and prevents it from over cooking. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cooked pasta with the cubed cheese, onion, celery, bell pepper, and peas.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, dill, sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the pasta and toss until everything is well coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Don’t forget to keep this Pasta Salad Recipe with mayo refrigerated!
- You will love this Macaroni Salad dressing. It is so good and truly makes this macaroni salad amazing. You can also substitute some of the mayo with sour cream. It will make it more tangy so just keep that in mind. You might want to try half mayo and half sour cream.