This Vegan cornbread casserole is a wonderful addition to any holiday table! This delicious side dish is so warm and comforting, and it’s sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 6 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread melted
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn meal, white spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the non-dairy milk, applesauce, and melted vegan buttery spread. Mix well.
- Stir in the corn kernels, green onions, and shredded Daiya cheese.
- Pour mixture into a glass baking dish. Sprinkle more cheese on top if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55-60 minutes or until golden brown on top and done in middle.
- Serve hot out of the oven for a spoonable casserole, or let cool completely to slice as a cornbread.
- You can use regular dairy products in this dish if you are not on a dairy free diet.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. This casserole should be good for about five days.